Wednesday, August 13, 2014

[Video] Lupe Fiasco - Next To It ft Ty Dolla $ign



In preparation for Tetsuo Season Lupe Fiasco links back up with director Alex Nazari for his latest visual work of art and single "Next To It" featuring Ty Dolla $ign who not only provides the catchy hook but co-produced the infectious bouncey production along with Shafiq Husayn. Lupe enthusiast will notice that Alex Nazari also handled the videos for "Around My Way (Freedom Ain't Free)" and the incredible "#1234" so you can expect that same cleverness and quality for this video. I know Lupe Fiasco has caught a lot of flack for his past "attempts" at being mainstream but this record feels like a genuine Lupe track, he is good friends with Ty so it isn't so half-ass attempt at grabbing a hot artist etc. blah blah. I really hope this joint finds the radio success it rightfully deserves. Tetsuo & Youth coming soon...

Plus just when I thought I couldn't like this track anymore than I already do, Ty decided to share the story behind how he and Lupe recorded it in the studio with Complex. How awesome is that?

0 comments: