Wednesday, September 26, 2012

[Mixtape] Willie Jetts - Parachutes


DMV rapper Willie Jetts dropped a project Parachutes a few weeks ago and I had been meaning to listen to it since than but haven't had the time. That is until Willie hit me up and asked if I would check it out and it actually shocked me that he would reach out after our previous encounter which was unprofessional to say the least. I decided to let the past be the past and give the project a listen and come with an open mind.

One thing I can say is that Willie is definitely talented. Parachutes is a good project that suffers from one thing, it is way too long. Comprised of 17 tracks and a time duration of a little under a hour is a long time to hold someone's attention. Unfortunately by the tenth track or so it all becomes a bit mundane. That's not to say the tracks themselves weren't good it's just that Willie doesn't do enough to differ his lyrics or production to hold the listeners attention. 

However, on a good note Willie does impress with his lyrics, and that is what really makes Parachutes. I had no problem with the production featured on the tape, every beat for the most part was enjoyable. The features are 'hit or miss' with most of them being out rapped by Willie aside from a few. Parachutes is a very solid tape, that I think would have been more impressionable if it was slimmed down to 10 or 12 tracks, other than that I enjoyed it. Willie Jetts definitely has potential and talent and I expect that his next project will be his best. Hopefully Willie can take what he did well on Parachutes and build upon that to create an even better tape in the future.

0 comments: