Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Doxx - Goldie | Jolly Ranchers



Download: Goldie | Jolly Ranchers





Cleveland artist Doxx hit me up with two tracks today from his upcoming project Paint It Black. I have to admit I thought that his track Goldie was going to be a "freestyle" over A$AP Rocky's latest, but I was wrong. It is actually an original song and the two sound nothing alike. The only thing that you could compare is both rapper's obviously Houston influenced music. Goldie is an ode to the late Pimp C, and with the help from producer Aystarz, Doxx along with Joey Sap and Ash J spit over a banger full of bass.

The second track I received was Jolly Ranchers, which can be summed up as a lean anthem but once again the production stands out to me and as with Goldie the trill sound is there. If you like what you hear be sure to cop Doxx's Paint It Black when it drops.

0 comments: