Friday, December 2, 2011

Digital Drop Presents: The Rap Up with Milo Nowhere




Digital Drop: Alright this is a first for me so bare with me (Laughs).

Milo Nowhere: (Laughs) It's cool man, thanks for the opportunity.

DD: How did you get your name?

Milo: Well, I'm pretty random, so I came up with the name before it had a meaning. In 2008 I started calling myself Milo for kicks, while my rap name was 'The Kadet' at the time. I eventually changed my rap name to Milo Nowhere just out of randomness. I have a history of depression, so I was just sitting here thinking one day like "My lows get me nowhere." GET IT? Genius, right?

DD: What inspired you to start making music?

Milo: Being an outcast, I had no idea what I was getting myself into. I never fitted in for real. I was and to this day am emotional. It started as a way to cope with my little pains and frustrations. I started out writing with no beat, then eventually free-styling on answer machines to instrumentals. Eventually, I kept writing to beats, and spitting to people to whom seemed to enjoy my verses. A lot of artists had an influence on me as well. Eminem and Jay Z at the time.

DD: What do you think sets you apart from other artist?

Milo: Good question. I would say, I'm not really looking to sell you a dream. I am what you get. I'm humble, and I'm not afraid to say what's on my mind. I throw in some comedy, along with my pain. I'm not powered by money or material things. I just wanna be appreciated for the person I am.

DD: Now the diss to E.U you did is one of my favorite tracks from you, if you and E.U where to have a battle who would win?

Milo: I would murder his little shit. That's my baby brother, but he better stay in his place. (Laughs) I love his flow....if he doesn't dumb down his bars a little when he battles me, no one will understand his enriched African ass. Easy win. he could rip me, though. I love him and his work , seriously.

DD: If you were rich and famous, what's the first thing you would buy?

Milo: I'd probably buy some pot. (Laughs) Or perhaps a condo with a puppy. Then I'd treat my closest folks to a gift or two.

DD: Do you really write children's books?

Milo: I aspire to do such. I'm enrolled in the Institute of Children's literature. I'm doing well so far.

DD: If you could be signed to any label, who would you choose?

Milo: I'm thinking Warner Bros. I could possibly acquire a movie deal, and they generally treat their artists nice. I would also consider Strange Music, or Def Jam.

DD: Who is your inspiration, when it comes to music?

Milo: Well, what a lot of people don't know is that I'm highly influenced by more than just hip hop. John Mayer is my favorite singer. I listen to rock bands such as Coheeed and Cambria, Nickelback, Good Charlotte, Avenged Sevenfold and Mayday parade. As far as rap....I get my inspiration nowadays from Eminem, Rick Ross, Curren$y, Charles Hamilton, And Lil Wayne.

DD: What genres of music do you listen to, besides Hip-Hop?

Milo: Like I just said, I listen to Rock, as well as Pop, Blues...whatever. As long as it sounds good. I love good/great music!

DD: What is your goal for your music career?

Milo: I'm finna get me an award and or 100..... and become an elite. Possibly put other talented artists on, that will probably out do me.

DD: If you could perform any where, where would it be?

Milo: Wow, so many places...how bout the Staples Center? Yeah. definitely.

DD: Any embrassing stories?

Milo: Nothing out of the ordinary. I cum fast sometimes. No wait, when I was in the 6th grade, I shaved my eyebrows off. I got picked on badly! (laughs) Then I drew on eyebrows until they grew back. Real talk!

DD: How did you come up with the name for your project?

Milo: As far as 'The Loser That Won', I felt it was time to humbly call myself an elite rapper, because I've been holding back so much. Skill included. I knew it was going to be a slammer. With 'The Line Leader', or 'Line Leader', rather...I just kind of just took the initiative to say I'm the best around these parts. I'm still humble, but I feel as though I'm a force not to be reckoned with. December 15th!!

DD: Ten years from now I see myself....

Milo: Winning. Smoking weed, and producing. Still rapping of course. Hopefully I'll learn to play an instrument by then!

DD: Any last words/shout outs?

Milo: Shout out to you homie, first of all. Shout out to my brother SiR E.U!  We have a mixtape dropping on New Years by the way! Shout out to the Kool Klux Klan! Shout out to my partner Dwaye, my man Kyzer and my mentor "VERSE!" Oh and shout out to my partner, to whom is ill with cancer, he used to rap with me, and his name is J-Heavy. I love you! Shout out to the rest of my family. I want to say thank you to everyone, to whom supports me, from the bottom of my heart. I really put my heart into this music, and you can tell that I work really hard. I hope you'll appreciate me as an artist and person. I'm available to anyone that needs a friend, perhaps a little help in their life. I'm open for collabs, but hurry up. I'm taking a creative hiatus some time next year. I will re-tune my work, and come back with a harder flow! Thank you!

DD: There you have it Digital Drop's first interview, thanks to Milo and to all you reading.  Be sure to check out Milo's The Loser That Won project and be on the look out for his next tape The Line Leader due out December 15th.

0 comments: