Friday, November 18, 2011

Chick Gaynor - Whatever (Mixtape)


Download: Whatever

 The first thing I noticed last night when I added Whatever to my iTunes, was that the genre said 'Art'. I thought it was odd at first, but once I got done listening to the tape I can tell you that it describes Whatever perfectly. Like art it is a combination of many different styles all meshed together to make one cohesive product. From the lyricism of Lord Slug and Fading Legend to the spoken word-esque vibe you get from Our Heartbeat's Heartbeat. Laid back joints such as The Goop or tracks that deal with relationships such as Peace Of Mind. Every track complements each other to create a unique sound through out the whole tape. To close this out, for Whatever to be Chick Gaynor's first tape it definitely doesn't show lyrically and production wise. A overall great tape, and I can't wait to see what his next projects will be like based on the sound of Whatever.

Standout Tracks: Fading Legend, Peace Of Mind, & The Goop

0 comments: